Thursday, May 1, 2014

Journal Page

Hi All

This week I had time to do another journal page and this was inspired by Vicky who does wonderful creations, some with videos and as soon as I spied this one I had to have a go.


The background is squares of paper, then paint  over with distress paints in 4 different colours and sponged off with baby wipes to get light and dark and the edges smudged with dark coffee.

 Each square was outlined in Pitt pens and smudged to blend in, then to finish the back ground I dipped a cap off my polish and a smaller one in coco ink to represent cup marks( I did not have a cup stain stamp) added more paint and splodged about a bit.

The cups I cut on my silhouette out of different papers and stuck in a stack, using pitt pens again I shaded ,ink and splodged (technical term is splodged lol) I made little tags for the tea bags inked again.

The letters are from Tim Holtz and painted with distress paint, the tea letters I had in my stash and covered with paper and shaded with pitt pens.

To finish I glazed the whole thing then added car polish on the top to shine this also stops the pages sticking together when your journal is closed.

I had so much fun doing this and was covered in paint and glue, love it.

Thanks so much for popping in today, I love your visits and comments.

I am going back in my craft room now as I managed to get some images coloured and now I just have to make the cards, busy day here today.



Pin It

7 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, Linda this is stunning. The background is amazing. Have a great day. :)

Catherine said...

WOW ! Totally awesome Linda ! Love the colours and the cups... Fantastic creation ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

bumblebee creations said...

Love love loving this Linda....love that you added "cup" marks!!

Jules said...

Hi Linda

Fabulous work!!

Love the technique and your colour choices.

What a great set of funky teacups.

Hope you have had a good day.

Love Jules xx

Unknown said...

This tops the lot, love it and that style...xx

Inger Harding said...

Fabulous work Linda!!
Have a nice week :)

Inger xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is simply gorgeous, I am loving your colours big hugs love Pops x x x

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online